ssh problems

Mike Hoy mhoy06 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 19:44:11 MST 2008

Hi,

I just set up ssh server on this computer and was able to connect like this:

ssh localhost

and from my laptop connected to the same router like this

ssh username at 192.168.1.100

Now I take it that I'm going to need my real ip address so I tried
that and I got

ssh: connect to host IP_ADDRESS port 22: Connection refused

I thought it may have something to do with my router so I forwarded
port 22 to this machine and same error. Any thoughts as to what's
going on? I need to be able to connect to this machine from work
tomorrow.

--
Mike Hoy