feisty to intrepid

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Nov 7 08:05:58 MST 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 18:50 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 06. Nov, 2008 schwätzte betty so:
> > so, can i upgrade from feisty to intrepid skipping over the interim
> > releases? (without having to re-do all my settings...?)
>
> It's recommended that you upgrade to each release.
>
> If you're running LTS ( long term support ), then you can go from LTS to
> LTS without the non-LTS updates.
>
> So, update your feisty install completely. After that update to gutsy,
> then to hardy.
>
> Then you can either stay with the LTS release or continue on to intrepid.

Betty,

Knowing how much you like upgrading, I would really recommend staying
with the LTS.  The Hardy will continue to receive security updates
longer than Intrepid will.

Unless there's a specific feature you're looking for, generally I think
that the Linux desktop is mature enough that users can go from
LTS-to-LTS without worrying about the intermediate releases.

		--Ted