Ububtu 8.04 Sound Problem

Clayton Stapleton clay4291 at inbox.com
Fri Nov 7 07:49:15 MST 2008

I have Ubuntu 8.04 installed on my computer and been unable to get the sound to function. Sound works fine in Windows XP on this dual boot system. The system uses an Intel Desktop Board DG965RY with Intels High Definition Audio (which is a SigmaTel STA9227 audio system).
When I do a “ sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-sound-base” there are three options (ALSA, OSS and default). I have tried all three options with no sound from any of them. I have gone to “System”, “Preferences” then “Sound”  and clicked all the different test there are with no sound output!!
Does anyone have suggestions to get the sound to function!!!

Thanks
Clay Stapleton