Off topic kills value of the list and group

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 23:09:18 MST 2008

Personally, I think people are overreacting. This type of thing doesn't
happen often enough for it be a huge issue. Unfortunately the topic that set
it off this time is a very personal subject to many people. It will die down
and go away, as they all inevitably do.

If the majority think that moderation is the key, great, I am for it. If
they don't, then great, I am not for it. If someone steps over a decency
line, it should be dealt with by those that manage the list. They are the
responsible parties after all.

But on a funny aside, does anyone else see the humorous duality of topics
arguing that we should only have posts on this list that relate to linux in
general, that don't specifically discuss linux outside of the fact that this
list has Linux in the name?

To make this fit the demand, I have now moved to using only Ubuntu 8.10 on
my laptop (although I do still have a partition for windows in case I start
back into windows game development again). The only problem I ran into was
the fact that the onboard broadcom wireless adapter didn't work. However
plugging in one of my spare linksys wireless cards did work and I was able
to fix it with a kernel update.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell