DNS lookup fails connecting to server on same network

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:33:11 MST 2008

How about what's in your /etc/resolv.conf?
maybe the /etc/nsswitch.conf just to make sure nothings odd?
It's a start.
even try appending a period/dot ( . ) after the name to denote it as a
FQDN absolutely.

Thanks,
Dan Lund

If you need more than 3 levels of indentation, you're screwed anyway,
and should fix your program.
--Linus Torvalds, Original Inventor of the Linux kernel
August, 2006