Samba Server Help Needed

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 10:43:50 MST 2008

Mike,

Did you set the samba user account password to match your windows user login? So for example, to logon to Windows you use a username of myuser and password of password then you'll want to setup your samba password on the linux side. For example,

$smbpasswd -a myuser
New Password: password
Re-type: password

Then restart samba and then re-login into windows. This should keep it from asking you for a user and pass when trying to access your shared folder on linux from windows.

John