Best Vista Error EVAR, gaming, and software requests, and an Ubuntu gripe

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:14:44 MST 2008

Pretty much it's assumed that if you can login to a machine in any
way, you know the password and you change it regularly.  It's just a
bad thing when it's decryptable in my opinion.  Otherwise, there's a
huge problem with SSH in general and should be avoided like the
plague. (in 2 occasions or so lol)
SSH has been around long enough with options such as that where people
could have learned that in elementary school if they taught more than
Apple IIe or Windows.
Have to admit, it's a world different than rsh, I almost cried in
happiness when ssh was invented.
Everytime I've ever installed MySQL (via emerge/dpkg/etc), it's almost
always said something along the lines of 'now's the time to set the
root password with xyz command'.  I do agree though, it should be part
of the initial startup... if root is blank, prompt user for password
then timeout after 20 seconds and kill the running app.

--Dan