wireless broadband

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 15:17:16 MST 2008

If sprint is unlimited while others are not then I would say they are buying market share.  Competition is great!

storkus at storkus.com wrote: This is slightly OT, but I think we all understand about getting burned
by the cell companies (or any of the telcos, for that matter).

I found somewhere else online (I don't remember where) that the 5GB
limit everyone but Sprint has stems from a lawsuit brought against
one of the other carriers (I believe Verizon).  The suit was about
having service cut or extra charges because they just pounded the
connection despite it supposedly being "unlimited".  They lost and
so they advertise a limit (how they came up with that number I have
no idea).  The other carriers followed suit seeking to be able to
cut off those eating all the bandwidth but not get sued.  Why Sprint
hasn't chosen to do so I don't know, but I find it interesting that
things specifically prohibited in other carriers' TOS is advertised
as allowed on Sprint such as web cams and such.

As I said before, independent testing has proved Sprint's data
network outperforms all other carriers and they're also, supposedly,
the furthest along in preparing to implement the next generation
after EV-DO Revision A, which could either be Rev-C or WiMax in
Sprint's case.  It looks to me like they intend on being known as
the best nationwide cellular data carrier in the country.
It's just too bad their voice and customer service isn't quite as
hot or I would have switched a long time ago.

Mike

On Sat, 3 May 2008 22:33:40 -0700, "Judd Pickell"

said:
> I am using the U727 Novatel usb device and an online review I read
> mentioned it had linux support through sprint as well. There is an
> online guide for it at the sprint website, but I have not gotten very
> far in testing it's capabilities. It has a microSD slot so that it can
> operate like a flash drive as well. I will be calling monday to double
> check on the claim that unlimited is unlimited at Sprint. I still fear
> that the first bill to show up will have a bunch of over usage charges
> on it.. :) Guess I have been burned by cell companies too many times
> to just trust them out right.
>
> Just thought I should through that out there so people are aware that
> another device is supposed to have linux support as well. :)
>
> Sincerely,
> Judd Pickell

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877