drive recovery

Michael Sammartano volinaz at cox.net
Thu May 1 10:49:33 MST 2008

I concur! I can do software recovery when physical components work sporadically for a few hundred dollars. When they are real bad, and will not work properly at all, I have sent them out for recovery to a company in California and the charges in are the thousands. The highest I have had to date was for a Dentist, he paid a bit over $10,000.00 for a full recovery. His entire past 7 years of business was on his drive, no paper back ups and no electronic backups. He now pays me for nightly remote back ups! I would avoid places like Data Doctors, they send them to a local lab for base recovery, this is over $500 for minimal results.

If you like I can attempt to recover for you, but I am located in North Scottsdale. Email me off list if you like @ michael.s at iconnetworksolutions.com

Michael Sammartano

---- Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 17:24 -0700, Technomage Hawke wrote:
> > Kevin (and others of the list)
> > thanks for the suggestions. I've been told that this is very likely a
> > hard disk HEAD crash, which would make any data on the drive nearly
> > impossible to recover without spending $$$ to get at it (lowest price
> > I found so far was $499.00 and it would take a week). I can see now
> > why there is such big moeny in data recovery. I can do the software
> > stuff easily enough, but some hardware may be out of my reach (HD
> > sugery requires a class 100 clean room and I don't have $2 million to
> > invest). Now, I wouldn't mind working for one of more of these places.
> > they do tend to pay well and I could learn rather a lot.
> ----
> sounds like a perfect candidate for the sharp slap between your two
> hands methodology to me...desperate times call for desperate measures.
>
> That's sort of the reason for doing backups...because hard drives do
> fail.
>
> Some of these 'data recovery' companies low ball the initial price and
> then when they have the hard drive in their hands and give you the final
> quote...it's substantially more money. Then when you get files back, you
> often get crap or you get files amongst all the crap and sorting through
> it is often not worth the time.
>
> Craig

Please visit
http://www.iconnetworksolutions.com