east side meeting and asterisk stuff

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Fri Mar 28 21:51:55 MST 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Geek Girl <geekgirl28 at cox.net> wrote:
> Lol it has noting to do with the spec file it has to do with trixbox not
>  being stable...
>  for example their 2.4 branch was pretty stable but now they released 2.6 and
>  overwrote the 2.4 repositories and everything updates to 2.6. Plus 2.4 was
>  still buggy...They are actually in the process of testing a nother revision
>  this eve at trixbox but they are even skeptical of weather or not it is
>  fixed.  Plus they they are known for hosing their repos regularly...

2 things:
1)I would like to avoid Trixbox - bad karma, and 2)here is a vote for
a compile from source. It would be interesting to cover the
dependencies Asterisk just has to have as well as the various compiler
and configure options. I am looking at installing onto an OpenBSD box
and have heard Asterisk can be installed on a Nokia N800, so I'm
expecting to have to wade into this stuff.