kpc and Foresight Linux

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Mar 26 12:27:00 MST 2008

Am 26. Mar, 2008 schwätzte Jon M. Hanson so:

moin moin,

> der.hans wrote:

>> http://us.shuttle.com/kpc/
>>
>> I don't remember hearing of Foresight Linux. Guess I missed them at SCaLE.
>>
>> What's the difference between the dual core procs.
>>
>> INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE E2160 1.8GHZ 800MHZ 1MB
>> >
>> INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4500 2.2GHZ 800MHZ 2MB LGA775
>>
>> Somewhere it said that it supports Compiz out of the box :).

> The Core 2 Duo is the newer, more power-efficient CPU. The Pentium dual core
> is just a dual core Pentium 4. The Core 2 Duo would be faster at the same
> clock speed over the Pentium dual core.

OK, danke.

> I would think that Compiz support is more dependent on the graphics card than
> the CPU.

Yeah, I just pointing out that they're using Compiz as a selling point and
that they're presumably supporting it.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;
#  Intelligence without communications is irrelevant."
#  Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC