kpc and Foresight Linux

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Wed Mar 26 07:05:33 MST 2008

der.hans wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> http://us.shuttle.com/kpc/
>
> I don't remember hearing of Foresight Linux. Guess I missed them at SCaLE.
>
> What's the difference between the dual core procs.
>
> INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE E2160 1.8GHZ 800MHZ 1MB
>
> INTEL CORE 2 DUO E4500 2.2GHZ 800MHZ 2MB LGA775
>
> Somewhere it said that it supports Compiz out of the box :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

The Core 2 Duo is the newer, more power-efficient CPU. The Pentium dual
core is just a dual core Pentium 4. The Core 2 Duo would be faster at
the same clock speed over the Pentium dual core.

I would think that Compiz support is more dependent on the graphics card
than the CPU.

--
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Homepage:  http://the-hansons-az.net