Kernel Panic

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Mar 17 17:04:10 MST 2008

Am 13. Mar, 2008 schwätzte Nathan Aubrey so:

moin moin Nathan,

I don't see any answers to this, so I'll take a stab at it.

> I'm trying to create a cpio image to use during boot. I have one already, but
> I am editing a script, then re-creating the image. It seems after so many
> modifications I have to go back to an older image and start modifying that
> one. It is really REALLY starting to irritate me!
>
> Now, I am using a new kernel and it keeps saying
>
> Failed to execute /init
> Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
>
> My isolinux.cfg says
>
> append initrd=initrd.img vga=788
>
> and I have verified the image is in place, as I have just created it.
> The image is about 25 MB, but I have 2GB of ram, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Are you sure you're passing in the correct device for the root filesystem?

ciao,

der.hans
#  In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
#  It is not always an easy sacrifice.