Kernel Panic

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Mar 13 21:46:58 MST 2008

I'm trying to create a cpio image to use during boot. I have one already, but
I am editing a script, then re-creating the image. It seems after so many
modifications I have to go back to an older image and start modifying that
one. It is really REALLY starting to irritate me!

Now, I am using a new kernel and it keeps saying

Failed to execute /init
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

My isolinux.cfg says

append initrd=initrd.img vga=788

and I have verified the image is in place, as I have just created it.
The image is about 25 MB, but I have 2GB of ram, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas?
PaysonLinux Workstation 4.0.1
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

 Because Windows Sucks.