AZ's own Gabrielle Giffords votes to increase foreign work visas

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 16:41:28 MST 2008

I agree, we need to be courteous.  A few hundred phone calls to her office might get her thinking though.

Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote: On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 20:10 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> At this point, I would suggest young americans pursue the only
> remaining profitable career: sleazeball politician.
>
>   "there's a great future in plastics."
>
>    - http://www.joshuazeidner.com/
>

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 7:32 PM, keith smith  wrote:
> > Let's export our economy and we can all move into Gabrielle Giffords house
> > and she can support us!
> >

> > Joshua Zeidner  wrote:
> >
> >  Although not everyone agrees on the matter of h-1b visas, it's
> > important to know that Arizona's own Gabrielle Giffords is playing a
> > role in increasing national visa caps that greatly affect technology
> > workers in AZ and elsewhere.
> >
> > "The Innovation Employment Act, introduced by Representative Gabrielle
> > Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, late Thursday, would increase the cap
> > in H-1B visas from 65,000 a year to 130,000 a year. In addition, there
> > would be no cap on H-1B applications for foreign graduate students
> > attending U.S. colleges and studying science, technology and related
> > fields. Currently, there's a 20,000-a-year cap on visas for graduate
> > students in all fields."
----
I agree that the whole H-1b visa thing completely stinks and I presume
that IBM and perhaps some other corporate interests are probably the
motivation for this.

I agree that the corporate interests have way too much influence in
politics.

I don't agree that this is the place to start calling politicians
'sleazeballs' simply because they have taken a position probably
contrary to most people here.

Craig

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877