Which native driver to use with D-Link wireless?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Mon Mar 10 12:41:10 MST 2008

.
While searching for a way to get my D-Link DWL G122 wireless USB key
to work with one of my Linux boxes, I found several links that claim
that there are "native" wireless drivers available so one does not
have to use ndiswrapper, but I can't figure out figure out if there
are multiple drivers to choose from and where to get the right one.

Here are some of the links I found and some excerpts found at each:

-- http://www.atlink.it/~conti/articles/d-link-dwl-g122-and-linux/

D-Link DWL G122 is an inexpensive compact USB key and 802.11b/g compliant.
With the last 2.6 kernel it is not recognized. You can try ndiswrapper,
but I have found a better solution: native drivers under Linux
Make sure you have USB key D-Link DWL G122 H/W Ver C1 F/W Ver 3.00