Trouble sending email to yahoo

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 08:21:47 MST 2008

>I have been having the same problem for months.  The
>error I get is:

>@4000000047cea18b05f4ecdc starting delivery 20036: msg
>13011279 to remote xxxxxxxxxx at yahoo.com
>@4000000047cea18b132e35ac delivery 20036: deferral:
>Connected_to_68.142.202.247_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_421_M
essage_from_(64.85.162.6)_temporarily_deferred_-_4.16.50._Please_refer_to
_http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html/

>I've gone to the page referenced in the error, filled
>it out and nothing happens.

>The messages sit in the queue for a few hours before
>finally getting delivered.

Same problem here; it's a company server which generates a lot of
automatic "thank you for your contact" messages, and such.

I suspect that Yahoo is doing some sort of greylisting, although they
won't admit it.  What's weird though is that usually greylisting is
"prove yourself once and be done with it".

I love though how they had a "if you send bulk mail and want help
getting it delivered, fill out this form"-- so they'll help
sufficiently cooperative spammers but meddle with people by default.