Trouble sending email to yahoo

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Mar 4 08:31:34 MST 2008

From: "Bryan O'Neal" <BONeal at cornerstonehome.com>
> I have two mail servers (different domains) I own plus two more outside
> email addresses and non of them can send to @yahoo.com addresses for
> several days.  Anyone else having trouble?

No problem sending to yahoo over the last few days.  Then again, I've
been using gmail and this webmail client most of the time, not my home
postfix server.

> The domains are cornerstonehome.com, harriscapitalmortgage.com,
> hotmail.com, and loopadvertising.com.

The MX for the first one has valid forward and reverse DNS, so that's not
the problem.

> The first two are in good health and can send to other addresses just
> fine, the MTU accepted by yahoo is the same as my default max MTU and I
> can trace it down in 7 hops, so it does not seem like a connectivity
> issue.  I don't get bounces, I just can't deliver.

This is where you look in /var/log/mail/ on your boxes and see if there
are any strange things being reported for yahoo.  Reproduce them here.
It might also be worthwhile to run a tcpdump on your box, send a short
message to yahoo, and take a look at the tcpdump results with wireshark
or something similar.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.dyndns.org:8080/wordpress/