trouble sending mail to yahoo

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 08:21:35 MST 2008

At times, some newbie gets on and either doesn't know
how to unsub from a list and just defines all emails
from certain list as 'spam'. The result is that all
users find their email in the 'bulk/spam' folder!!
Been there, done that several times. It will continue
till someone figures out how to contact the 'dummy'
and info how easy it is to unsub from lists...usually,
especially yahoo's lists.

This may be your problem. Not sure, but sounds like
it. I always 'scan' my spam folder before dumping it
as it does have occasionally some good emails dumped
there by someone that didn't unsub and just defined
all the list as spam.

I bet I have found 20 or so so far this year. If
someone got something from you and defined you as
spam,  and you sent from yahoo, all they have to do is
hit the spam button on a message you sent and YOU are
now a spammer. Your recipients just need to from the
spam list just hit the 'not spam' button to get it
back into the inbox. PITA, but does happen!!

ed

--- betty <nicepenguin at webcanine.com> wrote:

> for the past 4 days, my friends with yahoo accounts
> haven't received my
> emails. although the don't bounce back. they looked
> in their 'spam'
> folder and they all got dumped there. even tho i
> previously was able to
> send to them.
>
> i too tried to send messages from my gmail account,
> and they went
> through fine.
>
> --
> betty i.
> www.webcanine.com
> information for people
> who care for dogs.

Ed/ke7feg

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (AKA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written and "U's a ham"!! Many sites test online, but you have to go for the real test. $14 for as high as you can climb in one session.