Need Email Setup Advice

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Mar 1 10:50:56 MST 2008

I want to try using the Funambol server with my blackberry. Funambol is
a push email/pim Open Source replacement for the proprietary Blackberry
Information Server.

Funambol needs to talk to an IMAP email server to synchronize the inbox
and other folders. However, my cox account only offers POP3. I have been
trying to find the glue to get email from cox to Funambol. Cox blocks
port 25, so I cannot just use my own mail server with my domains.

I have been googling around and think I have one possible solution, but
I am not sure it is the simplest.

1. zoneedit to send email from mydomain.com to my cox account
2. Getmail to download mail from cox.
3. Postfix & dovecot & amavirus to store email and make it available to
funambol

#3 comes from this article -
http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-etch/ and it was very easy to set
up.

Is this setup overkill for my application? Should I look at other ways
to meet my objectives?

Two other wrinkles - I have 2 domains, and each user gets & send email
on the two domains (total of 5 users). I am running Debian etch.

Thanks for any advice you have on ways to simplify this setup.

Mark