INSTALL FEST Today UAT 10:00 - 16:00 = Watch http://live.yahoo.com/obnosis

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Sat Jun 28 09:26:15 MST 2008

Lisa,

I like the idea of the live broadcast.  I've recently started playing
around with webcast sites like seesmic, yahoo live, etc. I was surprised
at how easy it is and how little bandwidth it takes. We considered using
Yahoo Live at work for teleconference meetings, but so far we are
looking at SightSpeed (www.sightspeed.com) because it has better video
quality (full screen on a 50" plasma looked decent). Only bad thing
about SightSpeed is you have to pay for ability to do multicast. for
point to point meetings it seems okay, and has a mac client as well,
which was a requirement.

I digress, Yahoo Live works great for broadcasting live events, as no
clients are needed on either end. Now you just have to get past Hans
flashblocker  ;-)

-Charles