Good FS/OSS CMS to use on IIS?

Lisa Kachold l_iesa at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 06:52:14 MST 2008

Alan?  Ahem!  Why would we be discussing using CMS under Microsoft IIS on a LINUX list?

I would not run a php based CMS under IIS, considering the security ramifications!
Microsoft has SharePoint for that!

Changing server hosting for a website under DNS is a simple matter of one CNAME/A record change.

While the website can even run in a fast server running VMWARE if the hit count is low,  a complete test of the virtual Linux Apache web server running say Drupal, or new installation of Joomla would certainly be indicated.  Network port forwarding and additional security might be indicated - check structure and authority at your school.

The design of the network should take into consideration both internal and external users, iptable allow only ports 443/80, and provide adequate response (not NAT'd, snort'd and passed through to old a dial-up Cox home box, or port forwarded on 10/100 bandwidth, for example.

Catch Me:  UAT 10:00-16:00 INSTALL FEST http://plug.phoenix.az.us/node/381

(503)754-4452 Blackberry || obnosis at sip.axvoice.com

Sent via EDVO/CDMA Dell Latitude PII - Kubuntu 7.10 Mozilla/OpenOffice