DOOM engine for modern Linux systems?

Ryan Meldrum ryjame at cox.net
Mon Jun 9 17:11:56 MST 2008

There are several engines which will run all 3 dooms, zdoom is one,
vavoom is the other.  I have used both and they do work well.  Zdoom
used to have mouse aiming, but somewhere along the way, it broke.

In addition to the above, using Dosemu or Dos box will allow you to play
pretty much any of the ID games from that era, provided you have the
original software for DOS.

On a side note, I found a way to play Rise of the Triad on linux
natively as well (called rott-registered.)