DD-WRT and Cox-- any warnings?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:49:37 MST 2008

In the fiasco I was in, it was all router which gained IP and
everything but redirected http traffic to a Cox "you need to contact
customer service" webpage.  Once the MAC was coded on Cox's side, it
worked.
Would have been simple to do with my router, but the person on the
phone was determined to force me to use a Windows machine only and she
quizzed me on things so there was no way around me worming my way with
a laptop that I was about to throw away anyway.  I just wrote down the
mac, chucked it, and cloned it in the router.

Again, I was just stating this as an FYI to whoever it was who was
asking about possible gotchas in new router configuration.

--Dan

--
Thanks,
Dan Lund