Linux as a Server for Games

alexanderhenry at cox.net alexanderhenry at cox.net
Mon Jul 28 15:08:16 MST 2008

---- "der.hans" <PLUGd at LuftHans.com> wrote:
> Am 28. Jul, 2008 schwätzte Patrick C so:
>
> > I'm going to be throwing a LAN party celebrating my birthday next weekend,
> > and I recently reinstalled the operating system on my old PC to use it as a
> > server for the party.
[...]
> A presentation would be awesome! I'm not a gamer, but would love for us to
> have more info on game playing using GNU/Linux.
[...]

ASULUG seems to mix gaming and other fun, like custom-built MAME cabinets, into their installfests.  I'm a FPS and RTS guy, we have our share of WoW and Eve Online players, we discuss things from time to time but never really see things happen at events.  How could we tastefully mix gaming into our current curriculum?