OT: What's the best HDTV antenna setup?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Sun Jul 6 15:11:11 MST 2008

I am a "cheapskate" also, Vaughn; but even more than just being
"cheap," I have two additional motivations. #1 is I intensely dislike
and resent the notion of being forced to pay for a hundred or more
garbage channels that I simply do not want under *any* circumstances
(many of which I do not ever want coming into my home); and #2
because I discovered that the HD signal OTA (over-the-air) is superior
to what I got from cable anyway.

Thanks in large part to some good ideas I gathered from plug
friends, I picked up an amplified 4-way splitter from home depot
for $29 and put the unsightly set-top antenna in a back bedroom;
so now everything is working just great.