OT: What's the best HDTV antenna setup?

koder hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 6 13:27:27 MST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaughn Treude <vltreude at deru.com>
To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: Re: OT: What's the best HDTV antenna setup?
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:58:12 -0700

Josef Lowder wrote:
> What do recommend as the best HDTV antenna setup?
>
> Does signal strength need to be boosted if I put an antenna in my attic
> and run a long coax cable to connect it into my house cable with 3 devices
> connected?

I didn't need to boost it, and I ran about 100 feet of coax.  But I only
connected it to one TV, so it might be different for you.  (What a
cheapskate  I am! I buy a 50-inch TV and I _still_ don't have cable. :-) )

Vaughn

Cheapskate?

I count that as prudent stewardship of family resources.

Cable gives you hundreds of channels with nothing to watch and ongoing monthly expense.

C-Span, Sci-Fi and the Weather Channel otherwise the results are boring, boring, unless you have vegged your mind to the level of a five year old.

Who is Bitter and Cynical, he asks self?

Harold