OT: New Law In Texas Requires PI License for Computer Techs

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 21:31:36 MST 2008

I think in some ways this is kind of jumping the gun a bit. Once the
law is passed, if there is a problem with it, the public will take it
up with the courts in that state, and if it is indeed found to be
fundamentally flawed in the ways that have been pointed out here, it
will be struck down immediately. It is the beauty of our system.
Although it can sometimes work against us.... However in this case, I
don't see any reason why the courts would uphold it.

The idea in some ways is sound to me, but I would think that if they
really want to do something like this they will need to change the
rules regarding how one becomes a PI. Or set the PI status as only
available to the person during the time they are doing said work that
would require it. Anyways.. Just another possibly bad law passed with
good intentions.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell