OT: New Law In Texas Requires PI License for Computer Techs

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 17:51:41 MST 2008

The article says "Miller concluded, “It makes no sense to require a computer repairman
with 10 or 20 years of experience to get a degree in criminal justice
just to continue working in his occupation.  This law will drive up the
price of computer repair for everyone, and that’s exactly what the
private investigations industry wants.”".

If a PI license is needed to work with private data, which every company has, then being a PI while possessing computer skills would make one in demand and I would thing their compensation would increase accordingly.

So what happens in data centers?  Do they close in Texas and move to another state?  Seems such a law would have wide reaching consequences, most of them not good!

This type of law could put Texas out of business.

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer