Semi-OT: Referral for Linux-friendly accountant

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Jan 22 08:39:43 MST 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 06:51:24AM -0800, Randy Melder wrote:
> Why stop at GNU Cash? You could always hand-write your ledgers,
> invoices, P&Ls, and Balance Sheets. Then you're truly liberated.
>
> I mean, why give them more money? They've stolen from you at least
> $250 over the last 10 years. Those evil-doers. How can anyone run a
> business with thieves like that?
>
>  ; )

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

My point was this: in the 80's working for a commercial software
company, fighting tooth and nail with competitors, we *still* made sure
the customers had access to their data. And so did our competitors.
There was all kinds of backstabbing, kickbacks, and other bad behavior,
but it seems nobody wanted to screw the customers out of their own data.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/