Semi-OT: Referral for Linux-friendly accountant

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Tue Jan 22 08:00:44 MST 2008

Randy Melder wrote:
> Why stop at GNU Cash? You could always hand-write your ledgers,
> invoices, P&Ls, and Balance Sheets. Then you're truly liberated.
>
> I mean, why give them more money? They've stolen from you at least
> $250 over the last 10 years. Those evil-doers. How can anyone run a
> business with thieves like that?
>
>  ; )

It would've been more like $1000, but I canceled their tax-table updates
and coded the deductions amounts myself in a spreadsheet, based on the
Employer Guide the IRS mails every year. :-) But it's not the money,
it's the ownership of data issue. I would willingly pay twice as much
for a program that would extract the data from QB and put them into an
open format than to get the QB update.

Vaughn