OT: Laptop power connector servicing?

Charles Lewton clewton44 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:49:55 MST 2008

Craig,

It depends on what is broken or loose.  For instance, a crack in the circuit
print is easily fixed if it occurs on a surface plane and not in a
multilayer portion.

Once accessible, it should be straight forward.  Of course, 23 years as a
bench tech have probably colored my vision.

On Gmail, the side ads that appeared with this thread showed several
$99-$125 places that will fix it.  The web sites do not appear to have dirt
clods on them or anything.

This link has some good info, especially if certain HP models are involved:

http://www.powerjackrepair.net/

I would check locally first.

Good luck to your friend Alan.

Chuck