I haven't figured out how scary this is...

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 17 05:10:20 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 21:17 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> There is a great resource put out by Columbia University called 'Who
> Owns What' which is an index of all major media publications and what
> corps own them:
>
>   http://www.cjr.org/resources/
----
which of course is out of date - the first Corp I went looking for was
Bain Capital now that they have purchased ClearChannel and absorbed them
completely. This is Mitt Romney's company and he will control a large
media chunk.

The past few years of corporate acquisition gives the illusion of
corporate growth and it's hard to keep up.
----

>   in the same vien is one of my favorites: http://www.theyrule.net
>
>   unfortunately the site does not allow you to link into the maps.  Go
> to 'Load Map', and click 'Popular' and pick any one with Microsoft in
> the title.  I'm sure many here would find these diagrams interesting.
----
It's interesting but not germane.

Craig