Google--Bell Labs West?

Gerald Thurman nanofoo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:04:19 MST 2008

The January 2008 issue of the Communications of the ACM (CACM)
celebrated 50 years of publication.  The issue contains numerous articles
written by a variety of computing gurus.  In more than one article I came
across reference to Ken Thompson's ACM Turing award paper titled
"Reflections on Trusting Trust."  (1984)

http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/ken/trust.html

Thompson's homepage was last modified in 2002 with one exception--in
2007 he changed his email address and it now appears as though Thompson
has joined Pike (and other Bell Labs alumni) at Google.  Note:  Vinton Cerf,
co-creator of the Internet, is also a Googler.

---

Since I'm typing in an email message... here's another document that
Dennis Ritchie has on his homepage.  The creation of the pipe is what
caused the Unix shell to become a powerful computing tool.

Why Ken Had To Invent |
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/mdmpipe.html