IPTables Intermittent Stopping

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Mon Jan 7 12:12:09 MST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Joshua Zeidner wrote:

>  That is not really a safe assumption.  Nmap is not really that
> accurate of an instrument.  If you are concerned for some other

I have tried two port scanners (one being nmap, and two versions of nmap
at that), from three source locations. All show the same behavior.
Regardless of whether nmap is great or not, it is certainly accurate
enough to tell if a given port is simply open/closed/filtered.
Nonetheless, I am seeing the same results from another port scanner too.

--
~Jay