Microsoft Autopilot

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Sat Jan 5 23:24:28 MST 2008

Tuna wrote:
> Chris Gehlker wrote:
>> <http://www.crazyaviation.com/images/Windows.jpg>
>>
> Please, PLEASE tell me that is fake.

Absolutely fake.

I've surface studied what it takes to get software flight certified when
I tasked at work to assess if we could do it.  I am confident that no
version of Windows could get that certification.  For that matter, I
don't know of any version of Linux that can either.  For one thing
flight certification requires specific documentation and testing that
takes place during the development of the software.  Neither Microsoft
nor any Linux development that I know of follows such rules.

More details are found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avionics_software
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DO-178B.

Fake but funny!

Alan