chix finder

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Tue Feb 26 10:32:14 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 10:11 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:

>   honestly I don't think the real problem here is one or two people
> ruining the list for others, I think its about the unwillingness to
> accept change.  If one particular person is annoying you, its very
> easy to fix the problem without having to unsubscribe.  PLUG is a
> great group and has a long history, and I applaud each and member of
> it for everything they put in.  Although perhaps Darrin doesn't think
> I give him enough respect, I do follow his comments here (or did) and
> I do recognize his thorough knowledge of BSD.  And just remember, if
> PLUG does not embrace action and change, its going to stagnate and
> die.
----
Darrin is not on the list so he is incapable of making his own
arguments.

I suggested to you last week that you were tone deaf and I think I speak
with experience here because I am often accused of being tone deaf too.

It seems more than anything that the argument you were making and the
forcefulness of your argument were excessive to the matter under
discussion.

I started a comment earlier in the thread regarding your negativity on
the topic data scraping but contrary to some people's opinions, I
deleted before sending because I didn't want to add to the fray.

The essential problem I see is...

"What part of XXXX do you not understand ?" is an outright challenge to
a duel and seemingly out of scale for a friendly mail exchange. It could
have been made in a less threatening and genial way. The difference is
simply tone.

Craig