chix finder

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:22:09 MST 2008

Couldn't you have been just a little pigheaded? I was looking forward to a
good tussle. Ruin my fun. :p

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Erich Newell <erich.newell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Part 1:
> >    Ok. I just took the time to go back and re-read the entire thread. I
> > don't understand what anyone is irritated / hurt / angry / annoyed at.
> > Someone please explain to me.
>
> Erich,
>
>  Im certainly not irritated, but I got the clear indication that I am
> being blamed for being 'confrontational'.  Remember, I did not even
> instigate that argument!
>

> > Part 2:
> >    Joshua - Just to stoke the fire a little....Did it occur to you that
> > maybe the creator of the app (not to speak on your behalf Kristian) may
> not
> > care about the legality of his use and may even be civilly disobedient
> > intentionally?
>
>   Perhaps, but as I noted the latter part of my argument had nothing
> to do with the author of the app.  It had to do with a statement
> concerning the legality of data scraping, that was not only highly
> misleading, but had zero references.  Misleading the readers of this
> list in such a way could even lead to legal problems for them.  That
> was the motive to my argument.  If there is some crime in that, I must
> be have some kind of alien ethos that is totally incompatible with
> Joseph or Kevin.
>
>  If the goal here is civil disobedience, more power to him!  But I
> think it was made clear that the understanding of the rules being
> broken was minimal to start.  Lets not confuse Civil Disobedience with
> lack of civilization ;) .
>
>  honestly I don't think the real problem here is one or two people
> ruining the list for others, I think its about the unwillingness to
> accept change.  If one particular person is annoying you, its very
> easy to fix the problem without having to unsubscribe.  PLUG is a
> great group and has a long history, and I applaud each and member of
> it for everything they put in.  Although perhaps Darrin doesn't think
> I give him enough respect, I do follow his comments here (or did) and
> I do recognize his thorough knowledge of BSD.  And just remember, if
> PLUG does not embrace action and change, its going to stagnate and
> die.
>
>  sincerely,
>
>   - http://www.joshuazeidner.com/

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."