chix finder

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:11:52 MST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Erich Newell <erich.newell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Part 1:
>    Ok. I just took the time to go back and re-read the entire thread. I
> don't understand what anyone is irritated / hurt / angry / annoyed at.
> Someone please explain to me.

Erich,

  Im certainly not irritated, but I got the clear indication that I am
being blamed for being 'confrontational'.  Remember, I did not even
instigate that argument!

> Part 2:
>    Joshua - Just to stoke the fire a little....Did it occur to you that
> maybe the creator of the app (not to speak on your behalf Kristian) may not
> care about the legality of his use and may even be civilly disobedient
> intentionally?

  Perhaps, but as I noted the latter part of my argument had nothing
to do with the author of the app.  It had to do with a statement
concerning the legality of data scraping, that was not only highly
misleading, but had zero references.  Misleading the readers of this
list in such a way could even lead to legal problems for them.  That
was the motive to my argument.  If there is some crime in that, I must
be have some kind of alien ethos that is totally incompatible with
Joseph or Kevin.

  If the goal here is civil disobedience, more power to him!  But I
think it was made clear that the understanding of the rules being
broken was minimal to start.  Lets not confuse Civil Disobedience with
lack of civilization ;) .

  honestly I don't think the real problem here is one or two people
ruining the list for others, I think its about the unwillingness to
accept change.  If one particular person is annoying you, its very
easy to fix the problem without having to unsubscribe.  PLUG is a
great group and has a long history, and I applaud each and member of
it for everything they put in.  Although perhaps Darrin doesn't think
I give him enough respect, I do follow his comments here (or did) and
I do recognize his thorough knowledge of BSD.  And just remember, if
PLUG does not embrace action and change, its going to stagnate and
die.

  sincerely,

   - http://www.joshuazeidner.com/