TurboTax in Wine

stu wien33 at cox.net
Sun Feb 24 15:03:32 MST 2008

  Ha! One year back when I had my home business, I used Turbo Tax to file
and ended up paying through the nose! The next year I hired an accountant
through "Tax Moms" who cut my taxes in half. She's easily worth several times
her fee as far as I'm concerned, and I've been using her ever since.
	Stu

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 12:30 pm, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 15:06 -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> > Ted Gould wrote:
> > > So I'm getting ready to start the fun ol' taxes.  Anyone tried TurboTax
> > > 2007 in Wine yet?  Wine seems to be getting better and better, and so
> > > I'm kinda curious if it can do TurboTax this year.
> >
> > I've found the online version of turbotax (at turbotax.com) to work just
> > as well as the media version.  No emulation required :)
>
> So, it seems like most people are doing their taxes online.  I guess
> that still makes me a little bit uncomfortable.  I realize part of the
> irony here.  Am I just getting old?  Should I drink my prune juice and
> be happy with Google Docs and online taxes?  Or, is there a large group
> of folks using "another OS" to do their taxes?
>
> 		--Ted

Microsoft needs people who can do as they're told...
GNU/Linux needs people who can TELL as they DO!