Wikipedia objections (Was: Re: zImage compressed with what?)

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Feb 18 15:26:42 MST 2008

From: "Joshua Zeidner" <jjzeidner at gmail.com>
[snippage]
>>>   as far as Wikipedia goes, there are a lot of unsung problems and
>>> grievances amongst the Wikipedia user community.  Its not quite the
>>> paradise of information Jimbo Wales makes it out to be.  :)
>> I have no knowledge of the amount of claims to inaccuracies of
>> wikipedia, nor to the extent or the grievousness of inaccuracies.
>   it does seem that everyone has drunk the Wikipedia Kool-aid...  I'll
> say this: there is a lot going on behind the curtain at Wikipedia.

Howard Tayler, webcartoonist of some note, discusses some of the
stupidity surrounding Wikipedia and webcomics:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/index.php/category/wikiwatch/

...but yeah.  It has its flaws.  People should be working to improve on
those flaws, but often it's easier to complain instead of fixing things.