****Re: ot: Fourth Amendment... gone forever?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Feb 13 10:45:50 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 10:21 -0700, Jared Anderson wrote:
> 'guess I'll come out from behind my lurking rock.....
>
> If we must dichotomize the issue, then in addition to Michael Moore's
> one-sided perspective of health care, you should watch John Stossel's
> 'Sick in America' [1] reports -- it touches on facts Sicko neglected
> to report.  Together, a more accurate depiction of the pros and cons
> of government health care is painted.
>
> [1] http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel  (Sorry, no direct link to
> videos)
----
more accurate of course is always an opinion. I believe that when
Michael Moore was interviewed by Wolf Blitzer on CNN after the release
of Sicko, he was confronted by a 5 minute piece by Dr. Sanjay Gupta,
also of CNN whereupon Michael Moore simply asked, how many commercials
by drug companies were going to follow his interview.

some of the media hit pieces have cleaned up after themselves...
http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/checkup/setting-the-record-straight/

and some haven't.

But you only needed to see the moment where John Erlichtman and Richard
Nixon are discussing the crook in California (Kaiser) discussing his new
health care delivery system called HMO's and the next day, President
Nixon advocating Congressional changes (which they did and he signed) in
the movie Sicko to realize how they have continually played us for
chumps.

ABC News has absolutely no credibility but that's hardly shocking.

Craig