ot: Fourth Amendment... gone forever?

David david at damnetwork.net
Wed Feb 13 06:23:46 MST 2008

----- "Jason Hayes" <jason at jasonhayes.org> wrote:

> The simple truth is that people are dying on wait lists in Canada,
> Great
> Britain, and France. Worse, they're made to wait like that after
> having paid
> 50%+ taxes for their "free" health care.

I don't doubt any of your experiences with HC in Canada, so I trimmed all that part.

What I do have a question about is that 50%+ number?   I keep seeing that number (and
other, similar ones) tossed around as the cost of HC in other countries, however, nobody
has been able to point me to any documents that back that up.   To be clear, I have
no doubt that taxes are higher in Canada, for example.  Maybe even to the 50%+ figure.
But those taxes pay for things other than health care.   Does anyone have any proof
that the taxes for *only* healthcare are 50%+?  It would seem that if that were the
case, the total taxes would be in exces of 70-80%.

David

/yeah, looking forward to a better HC system in the US.  And yes, I am willing to pay
higher taxes for a better system.

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader