TurboTax in Wine

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Feb 12 10:30:10 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 15:06 -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> Ted Gould wrote:
> > So I'm getting ready to start the fun ol' taxes.  Anyone tried TurboTax
> > 2007 in Wine yet?  Wine seems to be getting better and better, and so
> > I'm kinda curious if it can do TurboTax this year.
>
> I've found the online version of turbotax (at turbotax.com) to work just
> as well as the media version.  No emulation required :)

So, it seems like most people are doing their taxes online.  I guess
that still makes me a little bit uncomfortable.  I realize part of the
irony here.  Am I just getting old?  Should I drink my prune juice and
be happy with Google Docs and online taxes?  Or, is there a large group
of folks using "another OS" to do their taxes?

		--Ted