TurboTax in Wine

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Mon Feb 11 21:00:32 MST 2008

I am actually pretty surprised that so many people are using Turbotax.
I guess y'all are more forgiving then I am.  I don't know that I'll ever
forgive them for that rootkit episode a few years back.  Plus, Intuit is
on my sh*t-list anyway due to the whole QIF/QFX debacle.  When Microsoft
looks like the good guy, you know that something is seriously wrong.

Personally, I use TaxCut Online.  It's slick and if you have questions,
you can ask an H&R Block Accountant.  That has saved my ass a few times.

TaxCut Online is fully supported in Firefox.  It does give a little nag
screen the first time you log in about using an unsupported browser
since technically, it's Firefox 2 on OS X or Windows... but it never
bugs you again and I've never had a problem.