5th undersea cable cut!

Technomage-hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 01:21:23 MST 2008

it looks at though the arab world is finally starting to pay for their support
of "home grown terrorism".

they have a contingent of the population that not only doesn't like outside
influences on their culture, but views the internet (and what its carried on)
and the biggest purveyor of that influence. so... they are cutting themselves
off, and in the process, hurting their local economies and quality of life
(like any zealot cares about that).

This is the lesson of Nihilism that is being learned the hard way in the
middle east. Perhaps them cutting themselves off is a good thing.

in any case, it shouldn't be all that hard to reroute around the problem area.
There is, after all, a huge surplus of "dark" cable that can be lit up for
situations such as this.