HDHomeRun + Basic Cable + MythTV

Daniel Stasinski mooooooo at avenues.org
Tue Feb 5 09:54:34 MST 2008

On 2/5/08, chip33az at netscape.net <chip33az at netscape.net> wrote:
> I have basic cable, but read on this list and other places that I could
> get HD from it (which worked).

I just did a whole MythTV setup too but then discovered that the
expanded channels (22-99) in Tempe require a box.  In my last place
expanded was delivered as analog.  Ticks me off that I spent so much
building a DVR and suddenly it was rendered useless.

A couple questions.   Do you have the cox expanded channels and can
the HDHomeRun decode them?  Does it do compression of the streams so
the DVR doesn't have to do it?

Thanks,

Daniel