A linux list with a better signal to noise ratio?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Feb 4 21:36:55 MST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 09:01:53PM -0700, Craig White wrote:

[content edited for brevity and levity]

> actually, I don't agree as we've had our share of topical discussions
> today.

> ...is easily deleted by those uninterested and I hardly see it as a
> big deal. I actually thought it was pretty funny that ...
>
> And I think that is the point...life is too short to take everything
> so seriously.

actually, I don't agree as we've had a truckload of junk on this list
lately.

It's most easily deleted before being sent. Heck, just print it out
before you delete it so you can read it again later and have another
good chuckle. You don't even need an internet connection for that!

I only take some things seriously, and this isn't one of them.

> If this is the year that Linux takes over the desktop market, you
> could fool me because PLUG gives no indication of that.

Is *this* the year of Linux on the Desktop?! Finally!!! I've seen that
said for more than a decade now. ;-)