A linux list with a better signal to noise ratio?

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:29:02 MST 2008

  remedying the problems you cite requires an active moderator.

  people piddle because people have egos.  people want to look smart
on the list, and when they don't they often do annoying things which
escalate into problematic situations.  if there was a moderator here,
I can guarantee you there would be far less activity.  so as far as
lists go, you can either take the flea market approach and hope for
good finds, or take the mall approach and get little variety, high
costs, etc.  Swap meets can be great, but chances are you going to be
inundated with crap- Malls can be great, but the chances are high
you're going to be ripped off.

  -jmz