MySQL - Bugzilla help

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Mon Feb 4 16:04:34 MST 2008

Ok, I am trying to install bugzilla, but I am getting an error when I
run ./checksetup.pl as apache
Enter the e-mail address of the administrator: bryan at loopadvertising.com
<mailto:bryan at loopadvertising.com>
Enter the real name of the administrator: Bryan ONeal
Enter a password for the administrator account:
Please retype the password to verify: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Access
denied for user 'bugs'@'localhost' <mailto:'bugs'@'localhost'>  to
database 'bugs' at Bugzilla/DB/Mysql.pm line 209

Bugzilla::DB::Mysql::bz_lock_tables('Bugzilla::DB::Mysql=HASH(0xb2d3bcc)
', 'profiles WRITE', 'profiles_activity WRITE', 'user_group_map WRITE',
'email_setting WRITE', 'groups READ', 'tokens READ', 'fielddefs READ')
called at Bugzilla/User.pm line 1548
        Bugzilla::User::create('Bugzilla::User', 'HASH(0xb3e0f78)')
called at Bugzilla/Install.pm line 330
        Bugzilla::Install::create_admin() called at ./checksetup.pl line
214

So I decided to check out the DB but I was denied access.

As MySQL root I set up permissions prior to executing the install
script.
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,INDEX,
ALTER,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES ON bugs.* TO bugs at localhost
<mailto:bugs at localhost>  IDENTIFIED BY 'SomePassword';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Then I ran the script which gave me the above error.  So I decided to
cheek out the DB.  As root I executed mysql -u=root (I did not get a
password prompt, which I thought was way odd since I have set the root
password)

mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| test               |
+--------------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Note, that the database bugs is not listed. However it is in the system
somewhere
mysql> create database bugs;
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost'
<mailto:''@'localhost'>  to database 'bugs'
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,INDEX,
ALTER,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES ON bugs.* TO bugs at localhost
<mailto:bugs at localhost>  IDENTIFIED BY 'SomePassword';
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost'
<mailto:''@'localhost'>  to database 'bugs'

I am not very failure with BugZilla..  Any suggestions on how to get rid
of this error and continue installation?